$1.00 for every KM Driven
Please help me reach my fundraising goal! $22,383 for 22,383 KM's Driven !
As most of you know, I drove from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, NFLD and back home to Vancouver through the USA in a 100% Electric Powered Vehicle, a total of 22,383 KM.
The purpose of Mary Ann’s Electric Drive was to not only show people a fully electric car could make a trip like this along so many remote areas of Canada, but also to raise money for my late wife, Mary Ann’s favourite cause: the Functional Neurosurgery fund with VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation. This fund supports Neurosurgeon, Dr. Christopher Honey’s research on surgical techniques and treatments for neurological disorders. Dr. Honey gave Mary Ann exceptional care when she suffered a life-threatening brain aneurysm 19 years ago. The pictures above show my Audi E-tron dipping the wheels into the Atlantic Ocean in St. John’s NL, and Dr. Honey with Mary Ann one month prior to her passing away from cancer.
My goal is to raise $1.00 for every KM traveled, so that’s $22,383.
Every donation receives a tax deductible receipt as well as a personal gift of a 2020 Mary Ann’s Electric Drive Calendar, which includes some of the best photos of the trip.
Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
If you are recieving this post and you are local to the Vancouver Area, On December 11th I'm hosting a Wrap Up Party and Fund Raiser at the University Golf Club. There is room for a few more people, so if you are interested please see below.
Date: December 11th
Time: 6:30 PM
Where: University Golf Club, 5185 University Blvd, Vancouver
Special Video Presentation of the Electric Drive across North America
Guest speaker is Dr. Chris Honey of UBC Hospital as well as a host of other speakers,
Draw prizes, Silent Auction Items, lots of food.
Silent Auction Items : Thanks to all the sponsors of this event providing silent auction items. We have some great items to bid on.
1. An “Audi e-tron for a week”
2. 2x Tickets to Audi’s VIP suite at the 2020 CP Women’s Open held in Shaughnessy G&CC, BC (tournament is from Aug 31 - Sept 6)
3. Big White Ski Holiday including for two: 2 days ski in ski out Accommodation, Lift tickets, rentals, and lessons.
4. Round of golf plus Cart for four at Osoyoos G&CC, Osoyoos, BC.
5. Apex Mountain Resort in Penticton is providing 4 day passes.
6. Dinner certificate at Alto Bistro Restaurant, Whistler BC
7. $100. Dinner certificate at Maria’s Taverna, West 4th Ave, Kitsilano
8. Oakley Flak Jacket Sunglasses worth $220 from my Brother Mel.
9. University Golf Course is providing a round of golf for 4 including 2 carts and a $50 GC for the Westward Ho!
10. O’Neill Ski Outfit of your choice from O’Neill Canada.
11. Storm Creek men’s and Ladies outfits
12. Gift Certificate from Windsure Adventure Watersports, Jerico Beach, Vancouver.
Plus more to confirm!
If you are interested please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your support!!!